We’re thrilled to announce the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump with Basal-IQ Technology has been granted FDA approval. This latest release from Tandem Diabetes Care helps pump users take charge of diabetes management by predicting and helping prevent lows.
Benefits of the system include:
- The ability to predict low glucose levels 30 minutes ahead of time and suspend insulin delivery to help reduce the frequency and duration of low-glucose events. A pivotal study of Basal-IQ Technology showed a 31% relative reduction in time spent below 70 mg/dL when compared with a CGM-enabled pump without Basal-IQ Technology.1
- Integration with the new Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring system, which delivers continuous glucose readings to the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump to aid users in making in treatment decisions without fingersticks for mealtime dosing or calibrations*.
- FDA approval for automated insulin delivery for pump users as young as 6 years old.
- A simple-to-learn interface that operates without constant user input or the use of complicated modes. In a clinical study, 91% of participants found Basal-IQ Technology easy to use.2
If you have an in-warranty t:slim X2 Insulin Pump, you will be able to access the remote software update with Basal-IQ Technology free of charge when it is available. This update will require a prescription and online training which will be managed through
a simple to use online portal. You will receive an email when the portal is available. No action is required at this time. Click here to
learn more about the process.
Time for a new pump?
If you don't currently use a t:slim X2 Insulin Pump and would like to start the process, visit www.tandemdiabetes.com/getstarted or call us at (877) 801-6901.
*If glucose alerts and CGM readings do not match symptoms or expectations, use a blood glucose meter to make diabetes treatment decisions.
1. Forlenza GP, Li Z, Buckingham BA, Pinsker JE, et al. Predictive low glucose suspend reduces hypoglycemia in adults, adolescents, and children with type 1 diabetes in an at-home randomized crossover study: Results of the PROLOG trial. Diabetes Care. 2018 [In Press].
2. Pinsker, et al. Exceptional Usability of Tandem t:slim X2 Insulin Pump with Basal-IQ Predictive Low Glucose Suspend (PLGS): The PROLOG Study. Poster presented at: American Diabetes Association 78th Scientific Sessions; June 22-26, 2018; Orlando, FL.
From time to time, we may pass along: suggestions, tips, or information about other Tandem Insulin Pump user experiences or approaches to the management of diabetes. However, please note individual symptoms, situations, circumstances and results may vary. Please consult your physician or qualified health care provider regarding your condition and appropriate medical treatment. Please read the Important Safety Information linked below before using a Tandem Diabetes Care product.