One of the CDC's recommended practices to help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, is cleaning frequently touched surfaces and objects daily. Insulin pumps are kept close to the body and touched often out of necessity. We suggest cleaning your pump along with your other frequently handled objects.
When cleaning your pump, use a damp lint-free cloth. Do not use household or industrial cleaners, solvents, bleach, scouring pads, chemicals, or sharp instruments. Never submerge the pump in water or use any other liquid to clean it. Do not place the pump in the dishwasher or use hot water to clean it. If needed, use only a very mild detergent, such as a bit of liquid soap with warm water. When drying your pump, use a soft towel; never place your pump in a microwave oven or baking oven to dry it.
Wipe the outside of your Dexcom transmitter with a damp lint-free cloth or isopropyl alcohol wipe between uses.