The Endocrine Update was created over 18 years ago with a singular mission: to educate clinical providers who treat patients with endocrine disorders. The conference covers epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of common endocrine disorders.
The Ohio State University Center for Continuing Medical Education (CCME) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Ohio State University Center for Continuing Medical Education (CCME) designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the end of the activity, learners will be able to
1) select appropriate therapeutic choices for type 1 and 2 diabetes
2) define the glycemic and weight benefits of new antidiabetic medication
3) recognize disorders of hypothalamic, pituitary and adrenal axis
4) evaluate thyroid function tests
5) identify thyroid nodules and the proper protocol for cancer treatment
6) recall the cardiovascular risks of obesity, diabetes and hyperlipidemia
7) interpret the endocrine factors in women and how it relates to osteoporosis
8) describe the pathophysiology of PTH and calcium metabolism